Planning a Trip to Paris and wondering about places to visit, we have a detailed article on things to do in Paris which you can refer to plan your itinerary.
One of the cool and best parts of Paris is Eiffel Tower. But Do You know some of the most exciting and fun facts about the Eiffel Tower?
Well, we have collated some interesting fun facts which for you about Eiffel Tower in no particular order.
Fun Facts about Eiffel Tower:
1.. The Eiffel Tower is one of the most visited monuments in the world, with over 7 million visitors each year.
2. The tower is illuminated by 20,000 light bulbs that are turned on every night, creating a beautiful light show.
3. The Eiffel Tower is a symbol of France and is featured on many French stamps, coins, and other national symbols.
4. The Eiffel Tower was built by the French civil engineer Gustave Eiffel for the 1889 World’s fair.
5. It is named after its designer, Gustave Eiffel, who was a French civil engineer.
6. The Eiffel Tower is the tallest structure in Paris, standing 324 meters (1,063 feet) tall.
7. The Eiffel Tower is taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza, but it is shorter than the Burj
Khalifa in Dubai
8. It is the most-visited paid monument in the world, with over 6.91 million visitors in 2017.
9. The Eiffel Tower has three levels: the first and second levels are observation decks, and the third level is a restaurant.
10. The Eiffel Tower was originally built as a temporary structure, but it was so popular that it was kept as a permanent fixture in Paris.
11. The Eiffel Tower was built using iron and steel, and it was the tallest man-made structure in the world when it was completed in 1889.
12. The Eiffel Tower is composed of more than 18,000 pieces of metal, held together by 2.5 million rivets.
13. The Eiffel Tower has a total of 1,665 steps, which visitors can climb to reach the observation decks.
14. The Eiffel Tower was painted in three shades of paint to make it appear taller and slimmer. The colors used were yellow, red, and brown.
15. The Eiffel Tower weighs approximately 10,100 tons, which is equivalent to around 22 million pounds.
16. The Eiffel Tower has been used as a radio transmission tower since its construction, especially during world war II, and it is still used for this purpose today.1711
17. The Eiffel Tower was the tallest structure in the world until 1930 when it was surpassed by the Chrysler Building in New York City.
18. The Eiffel Tower is made up of four pillars, and each of these pillars is connected by arches at different levels.
19. The Eiffel Tower was built in just two years, from 1887 to 1889.
20. The Eiffel Tower has been featured in many movies, including “Hugo,” “Midnight in Paris,” and “The Triplets of Belleville.”
21. The Eiffel Tower is lit up at night with thousands of light bulbs, which create a beautiful display for visitors.
22. The Eiffel Tower has been used as a location for many important events, such as concerts, exhibitions, and political demonstrations.
23. The Eiffel Tower was built using a technique known as puddled iron, which involves molding iron into a specific shape using heat and pressure.
24. The Eiffel Tower has been the subject of several artworks, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs.
25. Most importantly, The tower has elevators that can take visitors to the top, but there are also stairs that people can use to climb to the first and second levels.
It is always interesting to learn fun and interesting facts about such a well-known and iconic structure. I’m sure that anyone who is interested in the Eiffel Tower will find our list of fun facts to be very helpful and informative.
It is a truly iconic structure and one of the most famous landmarks in the world. Many people visit the tower each year to admire its beauty and learn about its history. It is definitely a must-see attraction for anyone traveling to Paris.